Systems Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
The Systems Engineer is responsible for sustaining existing and new certification programs. Functions include maintaining test plans and test bed equipment; training, qualifying, and auditing authorized test labs; providing technical support to members; reviewing certification results; training WFA staff and contractors; and planning workload and schedules; creating and perform presentations, creating documentation; develop automation scripts; leading other engineers.
- Maintain test plans. Ensure test plans follow specifications, IEEE standards, best practices, MRDs, WFA policies, etc. Review and introduce new test cases.
- Responsible for assigned Plugfest and product qualification events for new programs.
- Maintain test bed equipment. Qualify software fixes. Replace obsolete hardware. Ensure interoperability between devices.
- Trains authorized test labs. Create training material and presentations. Review lab qualification data. Audit labs.
- Provide technical support to members. Reproduce issues and provide fixes.
- Review certification results. Provide feedback on certification system.
- Provide software support.
- Train WFA staff and contractors. Be an expert in several certification programs and share that knowledge with other staff members.
- Plan workload and schedules.
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Creating and perform presentations
- Creating documentation
- Develop automation scripts
- Leading other engineers
- More than three (3) years of experience as a test engineer preferably with hands-on IEEE 802.11 experience
- Experience in scripting languages like PERL or Python
- Experience with Wi-Fi test plans/certification platforms a plus
- Experience with various Linux operating systems a plus
- Familiarity with Jira a plus
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or science field with 3 or more years of experience
Salary, Benefits, Etc.
- Compensation commensurate with education and experience
- Competitive benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401K
- Position located in Santa Clara, CA—no relocation
Position located in Santa Clara, CA—no relocation, local candidates only
Interested candidates should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify