Principal Software Engineer (Backend) – Wi-Fi Certification Test Management System (Taipei, Taiwan)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Principal Software Engineer to develop Wi-Fi test automation software and scripts with SaaS components. He or she will design and develop the next generation Wi-Fi test automation platform and develop scripts to validate all aspects of Wi-Fi support, including security, multimedia, power save, throughput and other features. He or she will support program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Develop new product concepts and develop product prototypes for cloud-based Wi-Fi certification system
- Develop/troubleshoot Wi-Fi certification test tools and services according to Wi-Fi certification specifications
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components
- Document and knowledge share with the development team
- Partner with team for product delivery
- Minimum 12+ years of practical experience in software development of commercial-grade applications with
- Java/J2EE/Web Service
- Familiar with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring JPA, Spring Security, Spring Cloud and Spring Session
- Familiar with RDS, e.g., PostgreSQL
- Experience with OAuth2.0 and any social media login will be a plus
- Experience with Redis will be a plus
- Experience with AWS SDK, e.g., S3, Secret manager and so on, will be a plus
- Experience with web performance testing will be a plus
- Experience with Node JS will be a plus
- Experience with React JS, Redux and Node.js will be a plus
- Familiar with networking knowledge
- Strong debugging skills
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science fields (Master’s degree preferred)
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be an incredibly successful Principal Software Engineer – Wi-Fi Certification Test Management Service and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Taiwan. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.