Senior Software Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Job Site: 3408 Garrett Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Job Duties: Responsible for developing Wi-Fi test automation software and scripts with SaaS components; & design and develop the next generation Wi-Fi test automation platform.
- Analyze, design, and develop interoperability and conformance test plans and test automation framework with SaaS components for Wi-Fi certification methodologies.
- Develop software in an agile environment using advanced programming languages and configuration management technologies.
- Develop scripts to validate all aspects of IEEE 802.11 protocol, including MAC/PHY, security, multimedia, power save, throughput, and other features.
- Collaborate with Wi-Fi Alliance member companies and technology experts to develop and deliver Wi-Fi CERTIFIED certification programs for upcoming enhancements to IEEE 802.11 protocol and Wi-Fi Alliance specifications.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing certification programs and test platforms.
- Design, implement and maintain cloud-based Test Management System for efficient execution of Wi-Fi Alliance technical plug fests.
- Provide recommendations for continuous system and process improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers from cross-functional domains to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Support program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions.
- Knowledge transfer regarding company’s technical processes and procedures to junior members of the team.
Position requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or related engineering field, plus 5 years’ experience with development of test plans and test software, including testing approach, automated test framework, and release programs.
Experience must include the following which may be gained concurrently:
- 5 years’ experience working with Wi-Fi technology.
- 5 years’ experience with C/C++, Python, and Perl in a Linux environment.
- 5 years’ experience with computer networking, multi-threaded, concurrent programming.
- 5 years software test development experience with DevOps focus.
- 5 years’ experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- 5 years’ experience with object-oriented analysis and design experience, including understanding of design patterns and various software architectures.
- 5 years’ experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software systems that span multiple platforms including Linux and Windows demonstrating excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3 years’ experience interacting professionally with a diverse group of clients.
To learn more & to apply online at email@example.com & reference Job Code WF-029
This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.